Job opportunities from MVGWTA member businesses are posted here.
Beach Road Wines based in McLaren Vale, is open 7 days/week, from 11am-4pm. Beach Road Wines is a friendly, inclusive and hard-working team sharing our passion for South Australian food and wine with our guests and creating memorable experiences. We take a lot of pride in our work, but also like to have a laugh and enjoy our time with guests and fellow team members too.
Beach Road Wines is seeking an organised and motivated individual to join our team as our Venue Coordinator. The position as Venue Coordinator will be responsible with reporting to the Director/ Winemaker and General Manager to assist with the operations of our restaurant, assistance in events/functions and coordinate with our kitchen, wedding coordinator and cellar door team with delivering outstanding customer experience in food service, wine tastings and guest experiences.
The role will include supervision, training, motivation and co-ordination of food and beverage staff, stock control and inventory management, assistance with rosters, presentation of the venue and grounds, management of restaurant bookings, improve customer experiences, maintain relationships with tourism businesses and bodies, health and safety reporting requirements, food compliance, comply with all relevant policies and procedures and other duties as required or proposed to management.
Full-time (Part-Time opportunity is available), competitive salaried position based on experience, working on a range of weekdays, weekends, occasional nights and public holidays (but also recognising work/life balance)
- Coordinate operations of the venue, including opening and closing procedures and front of house procedures/training
- Lead the front-of-house team, providing direction and assistance.
- Maintain the cleanliness and presentation of the venue and grounds
- Reporting to General Manager and Directors
- Answer phones and attend to weekly administration and reservations.
- Assistance with rosters
- Oversee stock control and inventory management
- Compliance with food, health and safety requirements, maintaining a safe environment for guests and staff
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 years previous in the hospitality industry working as a supervisor or managerial position
- Responsible Serving of Alcohol certificate (RSA) & RP Badge essential
- First Aid certificate (ideal but not essential)
- Previous experience with POS systems & booking systems
- Great time management, communication and leadership skills to lead a team in a fast-paced environment
- A mature, positive and professional attitude that leads by example
- Reliable transportation
Please email your CV and cover letter to our General Manager [email protected]
Based in McLaren Vale, the Bec Hardy cellar door is open 7 days/week, from 10am-4pm. The Kitchen at Bec Hardy, is a Two Hat venue set in a converted winemaking shed where a large oak vat still adorns the corner. The combination of rustic barn styling with high quality furnishings and crockery make for an elevated yet relaxed space in which to immerse yourself in a quality McLaren Vale wine and food experience.
Bec Hardy Wines is seeking an organised and motivated individual to join our team as our Front of House Team Leader. If you’re an enthusiastic, positive, and energetic person who loves people and you’re passionate about providing outstanding customer experiences, locally sourced food, and wine, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
The Front of House Team Leader will be responsible for leading the weekend team in food service, wine tastings and front of house operations, ensuring that visitors have a memorable and enjoyable experience.
Employment will be full time, including Friday to Sunday service. The successful candidate will receive above award remuneration, annual leave & a monthly wine allowance.
- Coordinate daily operations of the venue, including opening and closing procedures
- Lead the weekend front-of-house team, providing direction and assistance.
- Conduct wine tastings and lead all front of house procedures.
- Upsell wine club memberships, newsletter sign ups, events and other winery experiences.
- Maintain the cleanliness and presentation of the cellar door and surrounding areas.
- Reporting all weekend activity to our Customer Experience Specialist.
- Answer phones and attend to weekly administration and reservations.
Skills and experience:
- Previous front-of-house and food service experience preferably in a team leader type role.
- Demonstrable evidence of providing outstanding customer experiences.
- Can articulate a passion for people, food and wine.
- A leader who can inspire their team in a fast-paced environment.
- Has a hands-on approach to leading the team and execution of tasks.
The successful candidate will have:
- A positive, can-do attitude
- A current Responsible Service of Alcohol badge
- Australian Permanent Residency
If you think you have what it takes, email your CV and cover letter to [email protected] or apply through Seek.
Personality trumps all, hospitality experience is ideal, but eagerness to learn, communicate and a current RSA are non-negotiable.
We are seeking to add a new staff member to our team, eager to be an ambassador for our brand and create meaningful relationships with our customers! As a Family-owned winery its essential that you can be an extension of who we are and what we represent.
With 24 years of producing World class wines our new cellar door compliments the World class wines we produce. We believe every customer touch point matter and holding the smallest detail to the highest standard is of utmost importance.
Shiraz plays a big role, with our flagship ‘Giant Squid Ink’ Shiraz having been awarded World’s best Red Wine 3 times in the last 10 years, as well as our ‘Squid Ink’ Shiraz being awarded World’s Best Shiraz last year. We also produce a handful of other regional hero's too, including the delightful RDW Grenache, among others.
The casual roles will be weekends paying-
$37.14/hour for Sat
$55.71/hour for Sun
$68.09/hour for public holidays.
Staff will assist with the day to day running of the Cellar Door, including but not limited to the following roles & responsibilities:
- Complete opening and closing procedures
- Always communicate Thicker Than Water brand message clearly
- Welcome guests with enthusiasm
- Present wines, and demonstrate a tailored wine experience interacting with customers
- Achieve mailing list and cellar door sales to agreed KPI’s
- Process POS orders
- Ensure all areas are clean and orderly daily
- Follow all Cellar Door policies and procedures
- Record, restock and maintain cellar door inventory
- Represent Thicker Than Water and its products & experiences at every available opportunity
- Maintain Workplace Health & safety and HACCP regulations
- Packing and dispatching of freight orders
Applicants successful in this role will:
- Work weekends
- Have a current RSA
- Have exceptional communication skills
- Have an interest in wine and people
- A strong work ethic that’s self-motivated
- Be customer focused
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
The DOWIE DOOLE Tasting Pod opened in November 2019. The cellar door is four shipping containers surrounded by 360 degree views of vineyards in Tatachilla, McLaren Vale. Do you have a passion for wine, customer service, and the beautiful McLaren Vale region? Then keep reading.
We're seeking an enthusiastic cellar door sales assistant to join our team at the DOWIE DOOLE Tasting Pod.
This position is part-time and will involve working every Saturday and some Sundays for a guaranteed minimum of 8 hours per week.
The successful applicant will have:
- A strong passion for wine
- Wine knowledge
- Experience in sales/hospitality
- WSET Level 2
- A current Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate
- Tell the DOWIE DOOLE narrative
- Deliver a personable experience
- Give customers wine tastings
- Process sales
- Sign up mailing list & club members
- Polish glasses
- Prepare platters
- Open/close cellar door
Please send your applications directly addressed to Beth, [email protected]
Richard Hamilton Wines has a rich South Australian wine history, named after pioneer of the South Australian wine industry, who arrived in Adelaide in 1837 and planted vines soon after. Today "Richard Hamilton Wines" manages roughly 50Ha of McLaren Vale vineyard, including the Centurion vineyard which dates back to 1892 and remains one of only five known McLaren Vale Shiraz vineyards planted in the 1800’s.
We are seeking a casual wine and hospitality all-rounder to join our small team at our picturesque McLaren Vale Cellar Door. In addition to showcasing McLaren Vale wines, this Cellar Door also offers visitors a taste of wines from sister brand Leconfield Coonawarra.
Cellar Door Sales
Greeting all guests promptly and providing knowledgeable, consistent, and courteous Hosted Wine Flights that educate guests on the Hamilton family history, vineyards and wines, ultimately leading to an engaging visitor experience.
Promoting and selling Wine Club membership to increase sales and build customer loyalty.
Perform all daily Cellar Door functions, processing transactions, stocking wine, packing orders and general housekeeping duties to present the cellar door immaculately at all times.
Food Prep & Service
Assisting in the kitchen with preparation of platters and other food offerings as required.
General tidying tasks including the clearing of tables, washing of glasses and dishes and polishing glassware.
Key attributes required:
Friendly and engaging, able to build rapport with customers rapidly
Able to work independently without direction
Effective team player with a positive attitude
Hard working and an eye for detail
Excellent personal presentation
Good wine knowledge and a passion to learn
Comfortable speaking in front of both small and large groups
Prior Winery and /or Hospitality or Retail experience is valued
Current RSA essential, WSET highly desirable
Weekday and weekend shifts available. Regular hours require availability on weekends with flexible rotating rosters.
Please send applications to Steph at [email protected]
Firehawk Farm is home to Dandelion Vineyards in McLaren Vale. Our 60-acre property is
perched atop an ancient ridge overlooking McLaren Vale, the Willunga Escarpment and the
Gulf of St Vincent. Firehawk is our native bird of prey that soars over our vineyards acting as
scarecrows to other birds, rabbits and the like that eat ripening grapes. Below the surface there's
limestone, ironstone and the 40 acres under vine include, Grenache, Shiraz and Petite Sirah.
On May 19th, at this special place, we will be opening our Wonder Room to host and share
our whimsical stories and wines.
We are looking for a passionate Sous chef to support our Executive chef in delivering unique
wine and food experiences at our Wonder Room. We have the rare opportunity to present
our unique concept to our guests from a stunning new open kitchen, overlooking the
spectacular Firehawk Farm vineyards and beyond. The successful chef will be familiar with
modern kitchen operations and food styling, approachable, easy going, clean and
professional. Relevant qualifications and experience in a premium setting are necessary.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Remuneration for this role will be negotiated based on the candidate's level of experience.
Please send your resume and cover letter or questions to [email protected]
As always, the highest level of discretion will be used during all negotiations.