Firehawk Farm is home to Dandelion Vineyards in McLaren Vale. Our 60-acre property is perched atop an ancient ridge overlooking McLaren Vale, the Willunga Escarpment and the Gulf of St Vincent. Firehawk is our native bird of prey that soars over our vineyards acting as scarecrows to other birds, rabbits and the like that eat ripening grapes. Below the surface there's limestone, ironstone and the 40 acres under vine include, Grenache, Shiraz and Petite Sirah. At this special place we will be opening our Wonder Room to host and share our whimsical stories and wines.
We are seeking a dynamic and passionate person to conduct our new Wonder Room team at Firehawk Farm and create a unique immersive experience in McLaren Vale, South Australia. If chosen, you will be responsible for the day to day running of this venue, all back of house operations and reporting. You will lead and manage the team to ensure we provide a unique, luxury wine and food experience for all our customers. This is a hands-on role that will draw on advanced communication and interpersonal management to continue to build and grow our Pride of Dandy Lions. This role requires someone who is entrepreneurial and energised by being part of a thriving setting within the McLaren Vale wine region.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to expand your knowledge of wines, wine regions and winemaking processes. This knowledge will help you conduct informative wine tastings for our guests, whilst building on your passion for wine.
- Deliver outstanding customer experience to all guests
- Actively manage and grow our Wonder Room operations
- Wine sales, onsite and online
- Manage and grow our wine club and database
- Strategy and systems: manage point of sale and booking systems to maximise efficiency
- Human Resources: recruiting and managing the team
- Manage staffing levels and labour costs through accurate forecasting, rostering and reporting
- Conduct staff training in POS, customer service, wine knowledge and food/wine experiences
- Lead a positive team culture and promote an inclusive work environment
- Manage and supervise the team during tours and tastings ensuring responsible service of alcohol
- Complete budget setting, delivery, reporting and P&L responsibility
- Build and maintain relationships and networks within the McLaren Vale and South Australian wine industry and work closely with management to identify opportunities and regional events that are available to participate in.
- Work with the sales and marketing team to devise and execute promotional activities, plans and enhance the presentation of the cellar door.
- Previous experience mentoring a high performing team in luxury retail, tourism, wine sales or hospitality is essential.
- Knowledge of wine and a passion for the wine industry with WSET 2, highly regarded.
- Strong leadership skills required to motivate, communicate, coach and manage staff.
- An engaging personality and warmth that customers and staff gravitate towards.
- Strong administration skills and ability to be 'hands-on' and solve problems with ease.
- Proficient with operating systems i.e POS, booking reservation platforms, e-commerce, and Microsoft Office applications.
- Relevant RSA certifications.
- Availability on weekends and public holidays required.