Terms and Conditions
Vintage 23 Photo Competition
Terms and Conditions
1. The promoters of this Competition is McLaren Vale Grape Wine and Tourism Association ("the Primary Promoter") and The McLaren Vale Hotel (the "Promoters") (ABN82 416 192 168), 796 Main Road, McLaren Vale, Australia.
2. Entry to the Competition is open to all current financial members of McLaren Vale Grape Wine and Tourism Association. Entrants under 18 years of age must have the consent of their parent or guardian to enter. Employees of the Promoters or any person associated with the Competition, or any organisation or individual associated with the provision of the prize(s) are not eligible to enter.
3. Each entry must be entered in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. By entering the Competition, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. The Promoters may in its discretion refuse to award any prize to any entrant who fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions. All relevant instructions on the Promoters' website form part of these Terms and Conditions.
4. Entry into the Competition is free and multiple entries are accepted.
5. The Competition opens at 4pm (ACST) on Thursday 23 February 2023 and closes at 4pm (ACST) on Thursday, 20th April 2023 ("Competition Period"). Any entry received after the expiry of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
6. To enter the Competition, you must upload a digital image that was taken in the McLaren Vale Wine Region geographical indication using this form.
7. By submitting the Photo to the Promoter, you grant the Promoters and its licensees and assignees a non-exclusive licence to exercise all rights in perpetuity throughout the world in the Photo and all other material provided by you to the Promoters at any time.
8. Without limiting the rights granted to the Promoters under point 7, you specifically agree that point 8 grants to the Promoters the non-exclusive right throughout the world to communicate the Photo in whole or in part to the public on any media platform and you grant to the Promoters all associated rights necessary to exercise the above rights. McLaren Vale Grape Wine And Tourism Association and The McLaren Vale Hotel does not claim any ownership rights over the photographs, however by entering this competition, you hereby grant McLaren Vale Grape Wine And Tourism Association and The McLaren Vale Hotel non-exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, irrevocable, non-transferable, perpetual license to use, modify, add to, publicly display, sell and reproduce your photo, for the promotion of the McLaren Vale Wine Region including without limitation in any online media formats and through McLaren Vale social media channels, pages and accounts. Entries will not be returned by the promoter.
9. The entrant whose Photo is judged by the Primary Promoter to best encapsulate the ‘McLaren Vale Vintage23’ theme will win the prize ("The Winner").
10. Chance plays no part in determining the prize winners.
11. The Winner will receive a $200 voucher redeemable on a meal at the McLaren Vale Hotel.
13. You warrant that:
(i) all details provided with your entry are true and accurate;
(ii) you have all necessary rights and licenses to grant the rights set out in these Terms and Conditions; (iii) the Photo is an original work;
(iv) you are the copyright owner or authorised licensor of all copyright works and subject matter comprising the Photo;
(v) the exercise of the rights granted to the Promoters in these Terms and Conditions will not infringe the rights of any third parties; and you will indemnify the Promoter against any loss or damage resulting from any breach of these warranties.
(V1) you have permission to be on the property where the photo was taken.
14. The entry image must not include any other person except incidentally and not prominently without the persons consent given to the entrant. Your entry may be disqualified if you cannot provide sufficient evidence that any person captured in the photograph has consented to the use of their image
15. You acknowledge that the Promoters are under no obligation to exercise any of the rights granted to it by these Terms and Conditions.
16. You agree that the Promoters may use your entry and any personal details provided to the Promoters for any promotional, marketing and publicity purposes of the Promoters in any media without notice and without any fee paid to you.
17. Decisions of the Primary Promoter is final and will be binding on each person who enters the Competition and no correspondence will be entered into. The name of the prize winner will be announced in the Weekly Bulletin member email on Thursday 27th April 2023, (provided there are a significant number of entries).
18. In the event that the prize winner is unable to be contacted, the Primary Promoter will retain the prize for six (3) months from the date of the Primary Promoter’s decision. If any prize is not claimed within six (3) months of the date of the Primary Promoter’s decision, the judges may determine another winner for the unclaimed prize. A winner of any unclaimed prize will be the prize winner for the purpose of these Terms and Conditions.
19. If there is any event that prevents or hinders the Primary Promoter's conduct of the Competition or the Promoters' ability to deliver the prizes to the prize winners, the Primary Promoter may, in its discretion, cancel the Competition and recommence it at another time under the same conditions or select another winner.
20. The Promoters are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this Competition, or for any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of this Competition. The Promoters assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
21. To the full extent permitted by the law, the Promoters will not be liable for any injury, damages, expenses, or loss whatsoever (whether direct or inconsequential) to persons or property as a result of any person entering into the Competition or accepting or using any prize, including without limitation non-receipt of any prize or damage to any prize in transit.
22. McLaren Vale Grape Wine and Tourism Association reserves the right to validate and check the authenticity of entries.